Saturday, July 23, 2011

High school... bleh!



I'm gonna start this with a cliche question. How was your high school? Was it good or bad? Did you leave with fond memoirs or got scarred for the rest of your existence? Let me tell you about mine and start with a statement: If I did not have friends like the ones I love so much, I thought I would have committed some tragedy (I may be exaggerating like always,  but at some moments, some must have felt like this)!  Thanks to them (and my family), I am someone who doesn't tolerate BS from anybody and stand firm to any harm that comes. High school would have sucked without them because of all the mockery I had to go through and the injustice of me being labeled like Campbell's soup as "the son of a bitch" thanks to those who disturbed me, but I thank the destiny for getting them in my path and loving me for me. I can't tell you if it gets better after school because college has not even started, but some have told me that it does (and I am glad), well, getting out of that hellhole relieved me. So I will leave you with Daria's graduation speech, that if I could have found it sooner, I would have made that speech at my graduation because this is how I felt, so here goes:

-“Um… thank you. I’m not much for public speaking, or much for speaking, or, come to think of it, much for the public. And I’m not very good at lying. So let me just say that, in my experience, high school sucks. If I had to do it all over again, I’d have started advanced placement classes in preschool so I could go from eighth grade straight to college. However, given the unalterable fact that high school sucks, I’d like to add that if you’re lucky enough to have a good friend and a family that cares, it doesn’t have to suck quite as much. Otherwise, my advice is: stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience prove you wrong; remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor is naked; the truth and a lie are not “sort of the same thing”; and there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can’t be improved with pizza. Thank you.”-

Daria

Have a great day and remember, be yourself and stand with pride, not shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment