Sunday, July 24, 2011

Requiem For a Dream = The Quintessence Of Hell

Ok, you may be wondering why do I call Darren Aronovsky's Requiem for a Dream the quintessence of hell. Well, if you're going to watch this movie or some friend of yours has been raving it, be warned, you will be scarred for the rest of your life with this film. This film is absolutely a picture of the reality that drug addicts have to go through in search of obtaining what they wish for, some wished for more drugs and only one just wanted to improve her appearance in order to look pretty on television, all of the characters end up in the worsts circumstances of life. After watching the movie, I read some people saying that it was humorless and depressive and my reaction to that comment was this:

WHAT THE HELL? IT HAS TO BE LIKE THAT, A DRUG ADDICT'S LIFE IS HUMORLESS AND DEPRESSIVE! THERE'S NO SUGAR COAT TO IT, IT'S BETTER TO PORTRAY IT LIKE THIS, IT SHOWS YOU THE CRUELTY, THE DISGUST AND HOW LOW CAN THE HUMAN GO TO GET WHAT THEY WANT NO MATTER WHAT IT CAN DO TO THEM. ALSO, YOU CAN ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU GET INTO THIS, THIS COULD HAPPEN TO
YOU!
All I can say about it is that it's not a movie that I would feel comfortable to recommend, I would only recommend to those that I trust and know well, if you tell someone to watch it, warn them about EVERYTHING that they will see in this movie, so they don't get such an impact. I am sorry for those who are around me who have heard me blabber about this for a very long time, it's just painful to watch but how Darren Aronovsky managed this, it has a certain beauty and for that, I congratulate him, but still, it's very hard to digest.

Have a great day and from now on, I will say the most cliche phrase, don't do drugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment